Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The First Month

It's been one month since our wedding day. Our wedding day was just what I had dreamed. I never wanted anything big and fancy, what we had was intimate and beautiful... if I do say so myself.

The day began a little hectic since I had decided to do all the flowers myself, but all things aside, everything still ran on schedule. By 10:00, I was standing in the house, watching my bridesmaids precede me to the ceremony side of the yard.

For six months, I had planned our wedding down to the details. That weekend though, I had things to do that did not include making sure those details were followed through. Thankfully, we had some incredible friends to take care of everything. Linda and Sue had taken the menu off my hands a few months earlier and enlisted friends to help make the food and make it look beautiful on the buffet table. These ladies made it possible for us to have an incredible menu that was still affordable.

On the other side, there was our friend Gina, keeping things moving and making sure everyone knew where they should be, keeping everything running on time. Because of Gina, I was able to relax instead of worrying about what was going on.

After months of planning, there's not much I can say about our wedding except that it was perfect. The pictures tell the story.

Talking about pictures, the one oops from our wedding is that our photographer didn't take pictures of just Todd and I (except for the pictures when we were in the tree). Even though its a pain in the butt and is costing us another $80 to get a tux again for Todd, we're meeting again this Sunday to take the traditional wedding pictures of us. I guess the biggest annoyance is that those pictures were the first on my must have list. It was a crazy day and I didn't realize we didn't have those pictures until we were on our way to our honeymoon location, but I really don't think it should be my responsibility to remember that... hello... I'm not the professional photographer. It irks me, but it's hard to be upset when they're so nice.

So, I titled this as "the first month." I guess to sum it up, its just been nice knowing that at the end of the day, I know Todd's going to be there... no matter what. It's nice to be together and laugh about everything. I think that's what we do most... laugh. I look forward to doing that forever.

No comments: